June is a great time to visit Lake Tahoe and here’s why: sunshine and the great outdoors! While the excitement of fresh air and sunshine tend to rule the day here, we’re keeping you informed about all the great events happening around the North Lake Tahoe area. June marks the start of summer for so many of us in the Lake Tahoe area with outdoor events, so many hikes, and more to do when the snow is mostly melted. Start planning your mountain escape to kick off summer 2021!
June 2021 Events in Lake Tahoe:
Events are returning to Lake Tahoe with weekly farmers markets, a week dedicated to adventure sports, and even live music (either virtual or in-person). Enjoy the beginning of summer in Lake Tahoe when you participate in these June events!
- Tuesday Farmer’s Market in Truckee: A weekly market featuring local produce and more
- Where: Truckee Regional Park
- When: Every Tuesday 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Tahoe City Farmers Market: A market that occurs every week and features local produce, products, and more
- Where: Commons Beach
- When: Beginning May 13th every Thursday from 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Adventure Sports Week: A Lake Tahoe sports festival with competitive events including trail running, mountain biking, stand up paddle boarding, swimming, triathlon, and more!
- Where: Various Locations Around Lake Tahoe
- When: June 18th — 27th, 2021
- Kings Beach Summer Concert Series: A series of concerts both virtual and potentially in-person
- Where: Kings Beach State Recreation Area
- When: TBD Following June 15th, 2021
Outdoor Activities in Lake Tahoe
Of course, there are so many activities that bring outdoor enthusiasts to Lake Tahoe! From bike riding, hiking, and getting out on the blue waters of the lake, there is something for everyone to enjoy! Here are a few examples of outdoor activities in Lake Tahoe:
Rent a bicycle to travel around the West Shore of Lake Tahoe! A path that features stunning lake and mountain views as well as places to pull over to swim, the West Shore bike path is a perfect way to spend a pleasant June day! Another activity that allows you to experience the great outdoors is hiking! Lake Tahoe hiking trails vary from easy going paved paths and more difficult hikes that can pose a challenge. Find a trail that would be fun for the whole family or opt for a dog-friendly trail to bring along your four-legged friends.
If you desire to spend a day out on the water, rent a paddle board to practice your balance! You can also find tandem kayaks or canoes to bring along a friend out on the water! Paddle through the gorgeous blue waters and enjoy the mountain views. If you prefer to stay on land, find a beautiful public beach for a picnic or day spend sunbathing on the shore!
Book with Tahoe Getaways
Did you know our entire team is local? We’re more than happy to suggest our favorite things to do, places to go and restaurants to visit. We know that Lake Tahoe has so much to offer and sometimes it can be difficult to make decisions on how to spend your time here. Our hopes are to be available to assist you in creating the most memorable Lake Tahoe experience you could hope for.