Experience all that Lake Tahoe has to offer in both winter and summer. Explore our vacation rentals in Tahoe neighborhoods spanning from the North Shore, to the West Shore, as well as Truckee. Each distinct area offers visitors something special and unique. Find the perfect vacation rental for your group in the location that suits you.
- The North Shore is composed of several communities, between Tahoe City and Kings Beach, including Dollar Point, Carnelian Bay, Cedar Flat, and Tahoe Vista. Both Tahoe City and Kings Beach have popular downtown areas with shops, restaurants, and community beaches. Tahoe City, which calls itself “the heart and soul of Lake Tahoe,” sits above Commons Beach, home to a popular playground and the Foothills Farmers Market in the summer.
- They don’t call the West Shore the “best shore” for nothing. With some of Tahoe’s most famous old mansions, picturesque beaches, and Old Tahoe neighborhoods, the West Shore is a local’s favorite. Stretching all the way from the “Y” in Tahoe City to Meeks Bay and Rubicon to the south, staying in a West Shore vacation rental or ski lease gives you easy access to all the things that makes Tahoe great.
- Gray’s Crossing, a 750-acre property on the north end of Martis Valley, offers peaceful seclusion from crowds and traffic without a sense of isolation. With hundreds of acres of open space and loads of hiking and biking trails, it will feel like a remote location. Yet it’s anything but, when you realize you’re 1.5 miles from Downtown Truckee with its vibrant shops and restaurants.
- Located midway between historic Truckee, California and North Lake Tahoe, Martis Camp is a 2,177-acre private, luxury community, which Barron’s ranked as Tahoe’s Best Place to Own a Second Home. With amenities ranging from a Tom Fazio designed golf course to a Family Barn complete with bowling alley and movie theater, there's something for everyone, all year round.
- Tucked away on 475 acres of tree-lined mountain meadows, between Northstar and Truckee, lies the Schaffer’s Mill four-season family community. Today the Club is reserved for its very fortunate Golf Members; however, reciprocal play for members of other private clubs can be arranged by working through your home golf professional.
- Palisades Tahoe (formerly Squaw Valley) Ski Resort in Olympic Valley, California, is one of the largest ski areas in the United States, and was the host site of the entire 1960 Winter Olympics. It is the second-largest ski area in Lake Tahoe, with 30 chairlifts, and 3,600 acres of terrain. In the warmer months, a breathtaking valley with a lush meadow, meandering creek, and 9,000-foot granite peaks, Palisades Tahoe is a recreationist’s paradise. The amenities at High Camp are not to be missed by any visitor, in any season. Vacation homes here range from small 2 BR condos in the walking distance to the lifts to 6000 sq ft deluxe estates. Something for every taste and budget!
- Located next door to Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows is a hidden gem in the Lake Tahoe Basin. With its laid back attitude, abundant snow fall, and off piste terrain, Alpine Meadows Ski Resort has long been a local’s favorite. It offers 2,400 acres of skiable terrain, 13 different chairlifts, and a vertical drop of 1,800 feet. In the summer months, its a quiet and lush neighborhood with abundant hiking, and convenient access to the Truckee River and Tahoe City.
- Northstar is North Lake Tahoe’s fastest growing mountain resort, and is located off Rt 267 between Truckee and Kings Beach. The Village offers many family-friendly activities including ice-skating, cinema, shopping, and a variety of dining options. Our vacation rentals in Northstar range from luxury lodge-style residences to mountainside ski-in/ski-out townhomes, to more modest single family homes.
- The private Lake Tahoe Park Homeowner Association includes over 800 feet of beach front on the west shore of Lake Tahoe. It is located just south of Tahoe City and two deep water piers offer a convenient loading area for boaters or a perfect lounging area for swimmers and sunbathers. Vacation homes in Tahoe Park range from small cabins to large new homes but all are within a mile or two from the lake. In the winter, Homewood ski resort is less than 10 minutes away, while Squaw and Alpine minutes are about a 15 minute drive.