Experience all that Lake Tahoe has to offer in both winter and summer. Explore the neighborhoods and areas in the North Shore, West Shore, and Truckee. Each distinct area offers visitors something special and unique. Find the perfect vacation rental for your group in the location that suits you.
- The North Shore is composed of several communities, between Tahoe City and Kings Beach, including Dollar Point, Carnelian Bay, Cedar Flat, and Tahoe Vista. Both Tahoe City and Kings Beach have popular downtown areas with shops, restaurants, and community beaches. Tahoe City, which calls itself “the heart and soul of Lake Tahoe,” sits above Commons Beach, home to a popular playground and the Foothills Farmers Market in the summer.
- They don’t call the West Shore the “best shore” for nothing. With some of Tahoe’s most famous old mansions, picturesque beaches, and Old Tahoe neighborhoods, the West Shore is a local’s favorite. Stretching all the way from the “Y” in Tahoe City to Meeks Bay and Rubicon to the south, staying in a West Shore vacation rental or ski lease gives you easy access to all the things that makes Tahoe great.
- Located just 3 miles east of Tahoe City, Dollar Point is one the most sought after neighborhoods on Lake Tahoe’s north shore. This popular subdivision offers guests a private sandy beach, complete with pier, beach volleyball, bathroom facilities, and picnic area. The dedicated bike path takes you from the Dollar Point entrance all the way to Tahoe City, where you can continue down Tahoe’s west shore or along the Truckee River.
- The private Lake Tahoe Park Homeowner Association includes over 800 feet of beach front on the west shore of Lake Tahoe. It is located just south of Tahoe City and two deep water piers offer a convenient loading area for boaters or a perfect lounging area for swimmers and sunbathers. Vacation homes in Tahoe Park range from small cabins to large new homes but all are within a mile or two from the lake. In the winter, Homewood ski resort is less than 10 minutes away, while Squaw and Alpine minutes are about a 15 minute drive.
- A breathtaking valley with a lush meadow, meandering creek, and 9,000-foot granite peaks, Squaw Valley is a recreationist’s paradise. The amenities at High Camp are not to be missed by any visitor, in any season. Vacation homes here range from small 2 BR condos in the heart of the Village to 6000 sq ft deluxe estates. Something for every taste and budget!
- Northstar is North Lake Tahoe’s fastest growing mountain resort, and is located off Rt 267 between Truckee and Kings Beach. The Village offers many family-friendly activities including ice-skating, cinema, shopping, and a variety of dining options. Our vacation rentals in Northstar range from luxury lodge-style residences to mountainside ski-in/ski-out townhomes, to more modest single family homes.
- Located midway between historic Truckee, California and North Lake Tahoe, Martis Camp is a 2,177-acre private, luxury community, which Barron’s ranked as Tahoe’s Best Place to Own a Second Home. With amenities ranging from a Tom Fazio designed golf course to a Family Barn complete with bowling alley and movie theater, there's something for everyone, all year round.
- Tucked away on 475 acres of tree-lined mountain meadows, between Northstar and Truckee, lies the Shaffer’s Mill private golf course community. Schaffer's Mill Golf & Lake Club offers a brand new Club House facility with a restaurant, bar and fitness facility, swimming pool, shuttle service, stocked fishing pond, and even a private yacht on Lake Tahoe.
- Located east on Interstate 80 outside of downtown Truckee, Old Greenwood is a 660 acre resort community centrally located in the Tahoe area providing access to Northstar California, Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows ski resorts and only a twenty minute drive to the North Shore of Lake Tahoe. Guests will enjoy the incredible Pavilion, a beautiful facility offering fabulous services and amenities including a spa, pools, kids water slide, tennis courts, restaurant, Four Seasons level work out facility, Kids Camp and more.