29 Nov 2023
Whether you're looking for a challenging terrain or a more relaxed getaway, you'll find it all here!
Lake Tahoe is a winter sports paradise. The crystal clear waters of the lake and the surrounding snow-capped mountains offer some of the best skiing and snowboarding experiences in the world. Whether you're a seasoned pro or just starting out, Lake Tahoe's resorts have something to offer for everyone. From vast terrain and endless adventures to picturesque settings and family-friendly atmosphere, in this post we'll explore the best places to go skiing and snowboarding in Lake Tahoe.
Image via Palisades Tahoe
Palisades Tahoe is a great option for those seeking an adventure. With 34 lifts and 6,000 skiable acres across two mountains, there are endless opportunities to explore and discover new terrain. The resort also offers a variety of services and activities, including a rental shop and ski school, to help you make the most of your visit.
Northstar Resort Image via Northstar Resort
Image via Northstar Resort
Located in the majestic Martis Valley in North Lake Tahoe, Northstar is a family-friendly resort offering a wide range of activities and amenities, including skiing and snowboarding, as well as a rental shop and ski school. The resort's picturesque setting and friendly atmosphere make it a great choice for a weekend getaway.
- Lift Tickets will be limited. Buy your lift ticket online to secure your access.
- Your lift ticket is refundable if your plans change. (see terms)
- Multi-day lift tickets can be redeemed on non-consecutive days.
For beginners and intermediate skiers and snowboarders, Granlibakken Tahoe is an excellent choice. The resort's modestly-sized ski hill is perfect for those just starting out, and the rental shop and ski school at the base of the hill offer everything you need to get started. The ski hill and ski school are open Friday-Monday throughout the season.
- Lift tickets $35
- Private essons start at $80
Image via Heavenly
Heavenly Mountain Resort in South Lake Tahoe offers a wide variety of skiing and snowboarding options, with 34 miles of wide-open, groomed cruisers, 1,600-foot plunges in the double-black diamond canyons, and some of the best tree skiing in North America. Whether you're looking for a challenging terrain or a more relaxed experience, Heavenly has something for everyone.
Lake Tahoe offers a diverse range of skiing and snowboarding options for all skill levels and preferences.
- Palisades Tahoe is a great choice for those seeking an adventure with its vast terrain and activities.
- Northstar offers a picturesque setting and friendly atmosphere for a family-friendly getaway.
- Granlibakken Tahoe is perfect for beginners and intermediate skiers and snowboarders.
- Heavenly Mountain Resort offers a wide variety of terrain for all skill levels, from wide-open cruisers to challenging tree skiing.
No matter what type of skiing or snowboarding experience you are looking for, Lake Tahoe is sure to have something for you.
Book Your Stay
Many of our Lake Tahoe vacation rentals offer the convenience of on demand ski shuttle, making it easier than ever to get out on the slopes. Browse our homes that offer a free ski shuttle, and kick off your Tahoe ski vacation with ease!