If you have never experienced Fall in Tahoe you are truly missing out. Shhhh… fall is secretly the local's favorite time of year in Tahoe, and for a good reason. The weather is beautiful, the crowds start to thin, and the outdoor activities are endless. Let us tell a few of Tahoe Getaways' favorite fall activities.
Hiking Tahoe in the fall is one of the best activities. The temperatures are cool, the leaves are changing, and trails are basically empty. This is the perfect time to hit those longer trails that you have been itching to try. Pack yourself a lunch and spend the whole day exploring the sierras. Don’t forget your camera because I promise the views will not disappoint.
Tahoe Getaways favorite hikes:
- Easy to Moderate: Eagle Rock hike: Fairly easy uphill that brings you up 200 vertical feet where you get spectacular views of the lake!
- Moderate to Hard: Ellis Peak: This hike will make you earn your views! 6.9 mile out & back hike on the west shore with great lake views.
Fall in Tahoe offers the best mountain biking conditions of the entire year. The cool weather coupled with the limited crowds makes for the perfect biking conditions. Whether you are looking to earn your downhill and get a good pedal in or hop on a chairlift and catch a quick ride to the top of the trails, Tahoe has something for all disciplines and skill levels. New to the sport? Tahoe has multiple bike rentals shops that are happy to help!
Tahoe Getaways favorite biking trails:
- Great for a pedal: Flume Trail: Looking for some exercise then this is the trail for your, 14 – 30 miles with 1000ft elevation gain. Don’t worry though the views of the lake make it all worth it!
- Great for downhill mountain biking: Sticks and Stones at Northstar California is a local favorite, the perfect amount of rock gardens with a few jumps to match!
Tahoe is its own culinary experience pairing great food with beautiful views. Fall enhances this experience with great temperatures and beautiful fall colors. Each area in North Lake Tahoe offers its own unique outdoor dining experience from beautiful lakefront patios to dining on a mountain top or even happy hour on a paddleboat. With limited crowds, it’s easy to get a reservation at your favorite Tahoe restaurants.
Tahoe Getaways favorite outdoor dining experiences:
- Truckee – Truckee Tavern & Grill: Enjoy a sophisticated dining experience while looking over the historical downtown Truckee!
- Tahoe City – Tahoe Gal: Imagine happy hour on an iconic paddlewheel boat touring Lake Tahoe, the Tahoe Gal made that reality come true. One of the best happy hours around!
- Kings Beach – White Caps Pizza: Craft Pizza with a view of the Lake, what could be better? Throw in some craft beers and it can’t be beat!
- Squaw Valley Resort – Fireside Pizza Company: Find us at Fireside Pizza Company every Tuesday! Delicious pizza paired with Tuesday Bluesday at Squaw Valley Resort is a must.
- Northstar California – Copper Lane Café: Who needs a patio anyways when you can head up the gondola and find your own view! Copper Lane Cafe has the best grab-and-go options for your day on the mountain!
Before you know it the holidays will be upon us and there is no better time and place to shop than fall in North Lake Tahoe. Tahoe is overflowing with unique local shops that have everything that you didn’t even know you needed. Talk about shop till you drop, North Lake Tahoe features 5 shopping districts that have their own distinct style.
Tahoe Getaways favorite shops in each shopping district:
- Truckee – Bespoke: The perfect place to find the perfect gift. Full of artistic inspiration this shop will not disappoint.
- Tahoe City – Tipsy Gypsy: Cute little lakeside boutique with its own Tahoe style.
- Squaw Valley – Gallery Keoki: Who doesn’t love photography? What’s better than picking up a piece from a world-renowned, award-winning photographer based in our very own Lake Tahoe.
- Northstar California – Big Truck: Create your own custom hat that represents everything that you love about the mountain lifestyle.
- Kings Beach – Hot Diggity Dog & Cat: Can’t forget the pets of the family. Hot Diggity Dog & Cat has homemade pet treats, toys, and locally made gifts for the fur babies of the family.
Here in Tahoe, we take wellness seriously and fall is the perfect time to rejuvenate your mind, body, and soul. Relax your mind and enjoy a massage in the comfort of your own home. Restore your body with a lakefront yoga session curated to your needs. Recharge your soul in the fresh mountain air of the Sierras, this year take fall for yourself.
Tahoe Getaways favorite ways to unwind:
- Massage – Alpenglow Massage: Enjoy full relaxation in the comfort of your own home!
- Yoga – Mountain Lotus: A friendly place for you to unwind in the studio or even on a paddleboard!
- Favorite fall beach – Speed Boat Beach: Hidden down below Crystal Bay this beach is small and usually hard to find a spot. In the fall you can find the beach basically empty. Find a piece of the beach for yourself or explore the rock formations.