8 Aug 2023
Still on the fence about securing a ski lease? Whether ski leasing or short-term rentals are better depends on your personal preferences, lifestyle, and how you plan to use the property. Each option has its advantages and disadvantages. Here are some reasons why ski leasing might be the better way to go this season:
1. Cost Effectiveness: If you're are a devoted powder chaser or one the many ski team families, planning to hit the slopes every weekend and holiday, a ski lease is likely the more budget-friendly choice. By opting for a lease, you can bypass occupancy taxes, booking fees, and the surge in rates during peak tourist periods.
2. Convenience: Packing, unpacking, packing and unpacking again. Every weekend. If that is not the way you want to spend your winter, secure a ski lease and store your winter gear in Tahoe, where it belongs, making your winter experience much more hassle-free.
3. Booking and Availability: While searching for weekend getaways can be exciting, it can also consume valuable time, especially during holidays when limited availability adds stress to the equation. Opt for a ski lease and enjoy peace of mind, knowing you have a guaranteed place to visit whenever you choose..
4. Comfort - A ski lease quickly becomes a home away from home. Familiarity with the property and having your personal items there create a cozy and comforting atmosphere, allowing you to settle in comfortably during your stay..
5. Investment - If you've considerend investing in a vacation home in Tahoe, a ski lease is a great way to test the waters. Enjoy the perks of a second home without the commitment. of owning a property. It's a convenient and flexible option, providing you with a dedicated space for your winter getaways without the year-round responsibilities of property ownership. So, consider a ski lease and embrace the magical experience of Lake Tahoe this winter.
But don't ponder the idea too long, because we are well into our ski lease booking season so you'll want to act sooner than later. You can start your search on our SKI LEASES page or by check out a few of our favorite ski lease properties below!
2 Bedroom Plus Loft | 2 Bathroom
Perfect for Northstar skiers, this Old Greenwood luxury home is all about the perfect location with AMAZING amenities. Its prime location, provides easy winter access and is just a short drive or convenient shuttle ride to Northstar ski resort, and just minutes to Old Town Truckee for fabulous dining, shopping and community events. What's better is that tenants have the option to add Tahoe Mountain Club Access including amenities at the Old Greenwood Pavilion and access to the Alpine Club at Northstar. Yes, please!!
What we love about this home: On-Mountain Amenities at Northstar!!!
4 Bedroom | 2.5 Bathroom
This beautifully cared for, split level mountain home offers nearly 2,600 square feet of warm interiors, open social spaces, a gas fireplace along with a two-car garage. Conveniently located in North Lake Tahoe, local ski areas are just minutes away!
What we love about this home: Spacious, Gourmet Kitchen & Forested Views!
5 Bedroom | 4.5 Bathrooms
The ultimate mountain modern retreat, situated against acres of green space overlooking the pristine Martis Valley meadowland. Offering nearly 4000 sq ft, this luxury ski lease is the ultimate mountain retreat. With multiple gas fireplaces, pet-friendly, and of course a PRIVATE hot tub, this Truckee home checks ALL of the boxes.
What we love about this home: Multiple living spaces, dedicatied work space, private hot tub, AND pet-friendly.