Set in a quiet neighborhood in Tahoe Donner, this vacation home is quintessential “mountain modern".
Fernwood Folly features environmentally friendly materials and technology such as COR-TEN steel, ledge stone, redwood, and cement fiber panels. Modern sensibilities and the clean lines of a more contemporary design are often labeled as cold and impersonal, but the homeowner’s furnishings definitely round out the space in a warm and comfortable spirit.
With only bears as the occasional gawkers, privacy is not so much of a concern. The tranquil views are breathtaking. Floor-to-ceiling windows bring the outdoors in so that you can enjoy the open space from the comfort of the gourmet kitchen, living room, or Primary bedroom suite. But why stay inside, when there is plenty to welcome you out? A full outdoor living room and dining area is situated to take full advantage of the forested setting and on the second-floor deck, a hot tub awaits to enjoy a cool evening soak.
SILVER LEVEL PROPERTY
• Over 3,100 Square Feet
• Private Hot Tub on Second Floor Deck
• Well-traveled dogs (2 maximum) welcome (fee applies)
• Mobility Friendly
• Wood Fireplace
• Access to Tahoe Donner amenities (See Details Below)
• Gourmet Kitchen
• Dedicated Office Space
• Publications: Tahoe Quarterly “2010 Mountain Home Design Award”, Mountain Living Magazine “Green up from the Ground”
ABOUT THE AREA
Tahoe Donner is one of America’s largest homeowner’s associations, with nearly 6,500 properties and 25,000 members enjoying over 7,000 acres in the Sierra Nevada mountains.
In the winter, enjoy on-site access to cross country and downhill skiing, and a snow play area which is a favorite among our younger visitors. In the summer, take advantage of the championship golf course and clubhouse or bring the family to one of the private swimming pool complexes. You’ll also have access to a private beach club at Donner Lake, where you can avoid the crowds and spend a day paddle boarding, kayaking or sunbathing on provided chaise lounges.
Dining options within the community include The Lodge Restaurant and Pub, winner of the 2015 Open Table Diners’ Choice Award, and Pizza on the Hill, a casual spot perfect for the whole family.
Compared to other North Shore Tahoe locations, staying in Tahoe Donner cuts the drive from the bay area down by close to 45 minutes, so you’ll be enjoying the first cocktail of your vacation while others are still stuck in traffic. Tahoe Donner is minutes away from Historic Downtown Truckee, about 12 miles from Northstar California, and 16 miles from Palisades Tahoe (formally known as Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows).
Included with your rental are two guest cards providing access to the amenities available in Tahoe Donner. Each guest card allows access for up to four guests over the age of 6. Daily fee for rental guest per person per day. Children under 7 are free. All images of Tahoe Donner amenities are provided courtesy of Tahoe Donner.
TAHOE DONNER AMENITIES INCLUDE:
• Rec center with work-out facility
• Swimming Pools and hot tub
• Fitness classes
• Downhill ski area (great for kids!)
• Cross country ski area
• Equestrian center
• Tennis center
• 18-hole golf and driving range
• Hiking, and so much more!
To learn more about the community, click the HOA Link Below.
POLICIES & DISCLOSURES:
1. Maximum daytime and nighttime occupancy is 8 adults.
2. Parking for 5 vehicles. Street parking is prohibited year-round.
3. 4WD vehicles are strongly advised during the winter months.
4. Due to Extreme Fire Danger – The use of ANY outdoor firepit or fireplace is strictly prohibited at any of our rental properties. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we work to keep our community safe from wildfires.
Town of Truckee Certificate STR21-00763