Designed for entertaining and providing one of the most expansive views of the Carson Range in Tahoe Donner, the Grand Vista lodge is the perfect retreat for a family gathering or a fun-filled holiday with friends.
Spanning nearly 4,800 square feet, the Grand Vista lodge represents an eclectic mountain style that makes it stand out from the crowd.
Upon entry, your guests will appreciate its scale with massive vaulted ceilings and large picture windows framing the views beyond. You can't help but feel inclined to venture out to the spacious back deck to take in that view and maybe catch a glimpse of wild deer passing through the backyard. If it’s too chilly outside, return indoors to the warm glow of the real wood fireplace to enjoy a good book and a warm drink.
Thick wooden beams and a stone fireplace fill the living room with natural texture, while leather sofas are soft and inviting. Not only does the fully equipped kitchen have a breakfast bar and stainless steel appliances, it features a double oven and six-burner gas stove, a treat for the gourmet chef in your group. The farmhouse-inspired dining table will be the ideal locale for those memorable home-cooked deals.
The five bedrooms at this luxury vacation rental can accommodate up to thirteen guests. On the main floor, a plush Primary suite offers panoramic mountain views as well as its own fireplace and luxurious Primary bath. Above the main living area, an extra sleeping loft includes two twin beds while the majority of the sleeping quarters are located, downstairs on the ground floor. As you enter the lower level, it’s clear that the common areas are set up for evening entertainment. The pool table room offers views of the grand vistas and a gas fireplace, while the family room offers a comfy place to watch a favorite movie with surround sound.
Four guest rooms on this floor include two Primary suites with private en suite bathrooms as well as direct access to the back deck and hot tub. The last two bedrooms share a full bath between them.
GOLD LEVEL PROPERTY
• 4739 Square Feet
• Covered Hot Tub on Lower Deck
• Wood Fireplace in Great Room
• Gas Fireplace in Primary Bedroom and Pool Table Room
• Family Room Downstairs with Flat-screen TV and Stereo Surround Sound
• Access to Tahoe Donner amenities (See Details Below)
• No Pets
ABOUT THE AREA
Tahoe Donner is one of America’s largest homeowner’s associations, with nearly 6,500 properties and 25,000 members enjoying over 7,000 acres in the Sierra Nevada mountains.
In the winter, enjoy on-site access to cross country and downhill skiing and a snow play area which is a favorite among our younger visitors. In the summer, take advantage of the championship golf course and clubhouse, or bring the family to one of the private swimming pool complexes. You’ll also have access to a private beach club at Donner Lake, where you can avoid the crowds and spend a day paddle boarding, kayaking or sunbathing on provided chaise lounges.
Dining options within the community include The Lodge Restaurant and Pub, winner of the 2015 Open Table Diners’ Choice Award, and Pizza on the Hill, a casual spot perfect for the whole family.
Compared to other North Shore Tahoe locations, staying in Tahoe Donner cuts the drive from the bay area down by close to 45 minutes, so you’ll be enjoying the first cocktail of your vacation while others are still stuck in traffic. Tahoe Donner is minutes away from Historic Downtown Truckee, about 12 miles from Northstar California and 16 miles from Palisades Tahoe (formally known as Squaw/Alpine).
Included with your rental are two guest cards providing access to the amenities available in Tahoe Donner. Each guest card allows access for up to four guests over the age of 6. Daily fee for rental guest per person per day. Children under 7 are free. All images of Tahoe Donner amenities are provided courtesy of Tahoe Donner.
TAHOE DONNER AMENITIES INCLUDE:
• Rec center with work-out facility
• Swimming Pools and hot tub
• Fitness classes
• Downhill ski area (great for kids!)
• Cross country ski area
• Equestrian center
• Tennis center
• 18-hole golf and driving range
• Hiking and so much more!
POLICIES & DISCLOSURES:
1. Maximum daytime and nighttime occupancy is 12 adults and one additional child.
2. Parking for 5 vehicles. Street parking is prohibited year-round.
3. This home is located in an area with the potential for a very high snow load. 4WD/AWD with snow tires or chains are required during the winter months.
4. Due to Extreme Fire Danger – The use of ANY outdoor firepit or fireplace is strictly prohibited at any of our rental properties. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we work to keep our community safe from wildfires. There is an old outdoor fire pit that is not usable. Attempted use could result in a fine.
Town of Truckee Certificate STR21-00778