09/30/2017 - 4:00pm to 10/01/2017 - 4:00pm
Located a short ride from Lake Tahoe, this epic venue was once host to the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. Join us today for the greatest obstacle course race in North Tahoe Lake, Olympic Village, CA!
The obstacle racing weekend of the year will feature two Spartan Race distances to choose from over two days of racing: The Spartan Beast and the Spartan Ultra Beast. Which challenge are you ready to accept?
To do well, runners will need to prepare for the thin air as heights reach over 9,000 feet of elevation. Lake Tahoe is one of Northern California’s premier destinations and draws a healthy crowd year-round for its spectacular skiing, water sports, and outdoor activities. With 72 miles of shoreline straddling the California-Nevada stateline, there’s always somewhere new to explore and plenty of terrain for Spartans to roam. The most popular areas to visit include the more nature-oriented North Tahoe, or the party scene of South Tahoe. Or you can do it all -- visitors have the potential travel around the lake in under 90 minutes.
Spartans are in for an adventure filled with traverses, climbs, crawls and perhaps even some swims. Come prepared.
TOP REASONS TO TAKE ON THIS COURSE:
1. Elevation is one of the most defining elements of the Tahoe venue, starting at a surface elevation of 6,224 feet and working upwards of 9,000 feet only means one thing: get those lungs and quads ready for the long haul.
2. Cozy cabins are a plenty. Just make sure you book one early so you can be as close to all the action as possible.
3. Grover Hot Springs: Drive South to Markleeville and soak in a natural thermal hot springs. Your leg muscles will thank us for this recommendation.
4. Kayak to Fannette Island: The small island in Emerald Bay is the only island in Lake Tahoe and is worth a kayak trip. At the top is the remnant of an old “tea house.”
5. Bike the 165-mile Tahoe Rim Trail or at least part of it for extended adventure off the course. Chances are you'll only want to bike a section of the route as part of your active recovery.
6. Take to the skies and launch out from Slide Mountain on a powered hang glider. The view of Tahoe is hard to beat and you get to wear a "stylish" blue jumpsuit.