June is a great time to visit Lake Tahoe and here’s why: sunshine and the great outdoors! Squaw Valley is still open (until July 4th!) which means you can get those morning laps in followed by relaxation at the Lake. There are not many places in the world that allow for skiing and beach enjoyment on the same day, take advantage! Dual Days are one for the bucket list, but there are so many other great things happening in our area this month.
While the excitement of fresh air and sunshine tend to rule the day here, we’re keeping you informed about all the great events happening around the North Lake Tahoe area in June.
Events this month:
- Tuesday Farmer’s Market in Truckee (located at the Truckee Regional Park)- Every Tuesday starting at 8 am.
- Tahoe City Farmers Market: Every Thursday from 8-1pm.
- Truckee Brew Fest is on 6/8, The Truckee Optimist Club presents the Annual Truckee Brew Fest! Specialty brews, craft beers, and select ciders from Northern California and Nevada breweries.
- Truckee Certified Farmers Market: Start June 16, Sundays 9am-1pm, located across the street from Smokey's Barbeque.
- Truckee Thursdays begins June 13.
- Music In The Park located in the Truckee Regional Park begins June 19.
- Summer Concert Series at Commons Beach (Tahoe City) begins June 16th.
- Tahoe City Food & Wine Classic: June 15
- Adventure Sports Week: Starts 6/14-6/23, Adventure Sports Week is a Lake Tahoe sports festival with competitive events including trail running, mountain biking, stand up paddleboarding, swimming, triathlon, and more.
- Kings Beach Summer Concert Series begins June 28.
- Take a bike ride on the west shore. Rent a bike here!
- Get into the great outdoors with one of our favorite hikes.
- Paddleboard on Tahoe! Or kayak, or canoe.
- Find your new favorite beach! Check out our list of public beaches here.
June marks the start of summer for so many of us in the Lake Tahoe area. There are so many events, so many hikes and so much to do now that the snow is mostly melted.
Did you know our entire team is local? We’re more than happy to suggest our favorite things to do, places to go and restaurants to visit. We know that Lake Tahoe has so much to offer and sometimes it can be difficult to make decisions on how to spend your time here. Our hopes are to be available to assist you in creating the most memorable Lake Tahoe experience you could hope for.